It seems as though 2013 will be the year of the edits. And while normally I think DVD sections are way more important(Im oldschool) It was just impossible to ignore some of the amazing edits that came out this year. Here are the top 5 in my eyes even though there were way to many amazing ones to count I compiled this list of some awesome blade edits that dropped this year.
5. First one up is SSM’s newest ripper Brian Bina. I have always liked this dudes skating and it was rad to see a full edit of this mans skating. I sure hope we see much more of this guy and the rest of the hatian crew killing it as usual.
4. Next up is someone who released more edits this year than probably all rollerbladers combined whats even crazier is he is in thirties and he skates with more agility then guys who are 15 years old. Soon as the first shots of the video came on I knew it was already gonna be an instant favorite. What makes this even better is not only is he skating one of the most untouched areas of the world but he also showed us how amazing Worapoj Boonnim is. It was hard to choose which one I liked best out of all the richie classics made this year but I went with this.
3. Fuck talk about a section that pisses on every rollerblader out there. Billy once again showed us why going big is always gonna look the best. He went full fucking HAM on this section. I think I pretty much knew it was game over when he did that disaster over the rail to down ledge at the staples center. This section would have made it to number one on my list but unfortunately I hated the song so much it only ended up at number 3 but whatever its still incredible and he deserves a whole lot of respect for making this piece of history.
2. Normally I don’t really care much for the strange dudes but I gotta throw out some props for making a section that is definitley worth mentioning. This edit got me more pumped to skate than most of the shit thats out there these days. Its nice to just see some raw, stylish blading from a whole bunch of california dudes. I feel like lately they are one of the few crews who make rollerblading look bad ass and also fun.
1. Alex Broskow…..nuff said!
In closing I will say that yes I know there was some sick Franky edits and some dope Montre edits and even some more richie edits. These were the edits that stuck out in my mind the most throughout the year and I still watch them on the regular basis which to me is important in an age where all we want is new content every single day so just watch these and know that I am biased in the fact that if EROD edits your shit I will most likely not like it that much.